Celebrate Xmas relishing special Christmas Recipes by Chef Anil Dahiya, Executive Chef Bristol. He has shared some of the recipes from his hidden sack. Give it a shot and post your comments about your own experience.
Red Velvet Pancake
10 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 Cup [Chopped]
Baking Cocoa 2/3 Cups
Sugar 1-1/4 Cups
Baking Soda 6 tsp
Salt 5 tsp
Baking Powder 4 tsp
Additional Ingredients (for each batch)
Buttermilk 2 cups
Red food coloring 2 tsp
Butter and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt altogether.
- Place 2 cups in each of five resealable plastic bags or containers.
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months
To prepare pancakes
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and food coloring.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful’s onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Mocha Cashew Butter
Salted Cashews 3 cups
Softened Butter 1/2 cup
Semisweet Chocolate Chips 1/2 cup
Instant Coffee Granules 2 tsp
Water 2 tsp
Salted Cashews (optional)
- Place cashews in a food processor.
- Cover and process until finely ground.
- Add half of the butter; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, coffee granules, water along with remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir into cashew mixture.
- Top with additional cashews if desired.
Store in the refrigerator.
Mother Christmas Cake
Chopped Peeled Tart Apples (about 2 large) 3 cups
Sugar 2 cups
Apple Juice 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extracts 1 tsp
All-purpose Flour 3 cups
Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon) 2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Coarsely Chopped Pecans 2 cups
Candied Red Cherries, halved 1/2 pound
Candied Green Cherries, halved 1/2 pound
Diced Candied Pineapple 1/2 pound
Salted Cashews (optional)
- Line three 8×4-inch loaf pans with waxed paper
- Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add to apple mixture; mix well.
- Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- Fold in pecans, cherries, and pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Cool completely.
More Recipes by Chef Anil Dahiya.
Content and Image Courtesy – Scroll Mantra on behalf of The Bristol